The leading owner and operator of nationwide tower infrastructure in Poland.
Emitel offers business-critical services to TV and radio broadcasters and transmission services for mobile operators.
A Montagu business
- Poland’s no. 1 operator of nationwide tower infrastructure owning 377 of the most critical towers at the time of our investment
- Provider of mission-critical services required for sustained terrestrial TV and radio signal emission and mobile coverage
- Strong market dynamics in the regulation-driven shift of terrestrial TV from analogue to digital
- Highly recurring revenue profile underpinned by long-term contracts
- Carve-out situation with significant value creation potential
Supporting Emitel’s transformation
We supported Emitel in:
- Driving digitisation of terrestrial TV and radio in Poland by upgrading and transforming the broadcasting infrastructure
- Diversifying revenue streams and further monetising the infrastructure by expanding its offering into digital radio and transmission services for mobile operators
- Expanding its customer base and securing new long-term contracts
- Delivering on a holistic operational optimisation programme
Following successful execution of value-enhancing measures during our ownership, Emitel was sold in November 2013 during a competitive process to infrastructure investor Alinda Capital Partners.