This website is operated by Montagu Private Equity LLP. We are committed to protecting your privacy in line with the applicable data protection legislation and in particular with the EU General Data Protection Legislation (EU 2016/679). This Online Privacy Notice (the Notice) explains how Montagu Private Equity LLP, MPE Discretionary Management Partnership, Montagu Private Equity SAS, Montagu Private Equity Sp. z o.o., Montagu Private Equity GmbH, Montagu Luxembourg S.à r.l, and Montagu Full Potential Partners LLP (together, Montagu, we, us and our) collect and process personal information about you such as name, contact details, work details and other identity information; how we use and protect this information; and the rights you may have in relation to this information.
This Notice operates in addition to, and does not form part of, the general terms and conditions of the website which can be found here.
This Notice may change from time to time.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch via one of the methods set out in the ‘Contact us’ section below.
Who does this Notice apply to?
This Notice applies to any natural person of whom we process personal information collected by us when you visit this website and any other personal information you may provide to Montagu or which we acquire through our day-to-day business.
What personal information may we collect about you?
- Your basic information: We may ask you to provide certain personal information to us, such as name (including name prefix or title), gender, age and date of birth for the purposes set out in this Notice, including to enable us to provide you with information, respond to your enquiries (if any), offer our services to you or in relation to an actual (or potential) business or contractual relationship with you (or the business you represent).
- Contact information: We may ask you to provide us with your contact information, such as email address or phone number, for the purposes set out in this Notice including enabling us to respond to your enquiries (if any) or enabling you to register for e-mail alerts.
- Information we obtain by automated means: We may also collect certain information about you automatically when you use our website (using cookies or similar technologies), including information about your computer, software and IP address. This information enables us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns and store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the website according to your individual interests and recognise you when you return to the website. This information may be stored and used for administrative and monitoring purposes, or to gather statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
- Information from other sources: We may also collect information from other sources when conducting our day-to-day business such: as those publicly available; external websites; from recruitment agents of potential job candidates or other information you choose to provide us with.
We may use third-party web analytics on this website, including through our use of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyse how you and other visitors use the website. Information obtained for this purpose and collected by automated means will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers). To learn about opting out of Google Analytics, please click here.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to identify and contact you;
- to verify your information;
- to assess and respond to your enquiries and requests (if any);
- to prevent and detect crime;
- to process and administer details associated with your investment and service your requests from time to time;
- to provide you with information about our funds and our other services from time to time;
- to conduct market research and to understand how our service may be improved for you (including through our use of Google Analytics);
- to keep you up to date with the operation and development of our website;
- to offer and improve our services;
- to perform our contract with you
- to carry out our legitimate business interests (as described below)
- to prevent imminent and serious harm to a person or property, and;
- to comply with any relevant law, regulation or other requirements.
On what legal basis do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information on the following basis:
- for the legitimate business interests of Montagu and others, and in particular: for fund related activities for investors or potential investors; when reviewing a potential fund portfolio company acquisition; monitoring portfolio companies; working with management teams; maintaining existing (or potential) business relationships with external parties; to administer a contractual relationship with us; or when considering job candidates;
- to comply with certain legal and regulatory obligations (such as anti-money laundering obligations and know your customer due diligence); or
- you have consented to the processing of your personal information.
With whom may we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information:
- with (and, where appropriate, transfer it to) our group companies and affiliates;
- with third party processors acting on our behalf such as those providing IT, web-design, technical, HR, marketing and analytical services (including, through our use of Google Analytics, Google (please see here for more information on the data that Google may have access to));
- with other third parties (e.g. regulators, law enforcement) acting as controllers;
- with advisers, service providers, and agents acting for us in the course of our day-to-day business subject to agreement by them of confidentiality and security provisions; and
- with such other parties and in any other way which does not identify you individually (including as part of an aggregated or anonymised dataset).
Our website contains links to other websites which are not hosted or operated by us. These websites may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the websites. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of the providers website.
See the ‘Protecting your personal information’ section for information on how we keep your personal information secure when sharing it with others.
Transfers to third countries
Once we have received your information, we may store it in hard copy paper form and/or electronically. Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area which may not always have data protection laws providing equivalent protection. In such case, we will take steps to ensure that your information is protected by appropriate organisational and security measures.
Protecting your personal information
We will use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction, consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. For example, when we transfer personal information to a third-party service provider, that provider will be carefully selected in accordance with our policies and procedures and which commits the third-party service provider to use appropriate safeguards in relation to the handling of your personal information. These safeguards include maintaining confidentiality of your personal information and implementing appropriate technical and organisational security measures.
Although we exercise adequate care and security, there remains a risk that information transmitted over the internet and stored digitally may be intercepted or accessed by an unauthorised third party.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will keep your information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, where you provide your details in relation to a contract with you we will keep such information, for as long as necessary to provide you with our services and after that, we will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us and to ensure that you receive any information or marketing materials which would benefit you. We will also keep your personal information where we need to do so in connection with legal action or an investigation involving Montagu.
We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal or business need for it to be retained.
You may be entitled to:
- ask Montagu about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing;
- request receipt or transmission to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the personal information that you have provided to Montagu; and
- complain to your local supervisory authority if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
If you would like more information about your rights, or have any concerns about Montagu’s processing of your personal information, please let us know by getting in touch with us using the details in the ‘Contact us’ section below.
For further information on your rights and how to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), please refer to the ICO website at www.ico.org.uk.
Where you are given the option to share your personal information with us, you can always choose not to do so. If you object to the processing of your personal information, we will respect that choice unless the processing of your personal information is based on our overriding legitimate grounds. If you object and we decide to stop processing your personal information, this could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described in the ‘How do we use your personal information’ section above.
If you have any questions or requests regarding this Notice or the personal information that we hold about you, or need additional information, please contact: Compliance Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) Montagu Private Equity LLP
2 More London Riverside
The following companies are your data controllers and are responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our privacy standards as well as any applicable national laws.
Montagu Private Equity LLP
2 More London Riverside
MPE Discretionary Management Partnership
2 More London Riverside London SE1 2AP
Montagu Private Equity SAS
41, avenue George V
Montagu Private Equity Sp. z o.o.
Aleje Ujazdowskie 41
Montagu Private Equity GmbH
Frankfurt am Main
Montagu Luxembourg S.à r.l
Airport Center Building
Montagu Full Potential Partners LLP
2 More London Riverside London SE1 2AP